Design Research Dissertation: Full Compilation

20/4/26 - 20/7/26 (Week 1 - Week 14)

Choong Yee Leng || 0381980

Design Research Dissertation || Bachelor Degree in Creative Media || Taylor’s University 

Full Compilation

Table of content
1. Instructions
2. Task 1: Dissertation Draft
3. Task 2: Visual Design Publication
4. Task 3: Final Dissertation 
5. Task 4: Research for Article Publication

Instructions

Task 1: Dissertation Draft


Task 2: Visual Design Publication



Task 3: Final Dissertation 




Task 4: Research for Article Publication


Weekly Progress


Reflection

This dissertation was a much longer and more challenging process than I expected. Compared to the Design Research Methodology module, it required a deeper level of research, and I had to relearn how to structure and write a dissertation properly. The first seven weeks were especially overwhelming because I had to complete the dissertation within a short time while also changing my methodology and reanalysing data that no longer matched the original approach. It often felt like I was rebuilding parts of the study while trying to continue progressing.

Through this module, I learned the importance of having a clear structure and paying attention to details. Small things, such as how an objective is written or how sections are arranged, can greatly affect the overall quality and flow of a dissertation. Although adapting to this level of precision was challenging and required many revisions, the process helped me become more careful and thoughtful in my writing.

Looking back, the difficulties I faced in the early stages were not just obstacles, but important experiences that helped me better understand the requirements and expectations of writing a dissertation.

Comments

Popular Posts